Looking for the ideal locations for waterfall wedding venues in NSW? Look no further. Our list of the best picks will make it easier for you to choose!
Waterfall weddings are ideal for couples who want to have a small wedding or elope. The waterfall wedding parties are also ideal for couples who appreciate nature and outdoor space. If you enjoy hiking and camping, this is an excellent option for you!
Waterfall weddings are ideal for laid-back couples who see getting married as another adventure, the ones who can “roll with the punches” and adjust quickly.
In this article, Designa will show you how to plan a waterfall wedding and the best waterfall wedding venues for couples.
How to Plan a Waterfall Wedding
- Select the ideal waterfall setting for your Australia wedding ceremony.
- Obtain permission from the appropriate landowner, municipality, organization, or national park. You must also pay any required fees, permits, and so on.
- Determine how you will get to and from the waterfall during the desired season.
- Determine whether there are on-site restrooms or if you will require an alternative.
- Pick wedding attire that is appropriate for the location and time of year. You and your guests must be prepared all year round, rain or shine.
- Determine how much time you will spend at the location for the ceremony, wedding photos, exploration, and so on.
- Make a plan for how you will set up the location. What specific location will you select for your waterfall wedding ceremony? Do you need chairs for a seated ceremony? Is a sound system required? Are there any other decor elements you’d like to include?
- Determine whether you want something celebratory to eat or drink after you say, “I do.”
- When planning your waterfall wedding, make sure you show appropriate responsibility and care for your chosen location. Plan to leave the location in the same condition that you found it.
Top 5 Waterfall Wedding Venues in NSW
1. Utopia Waterfall Gully
Imagine saying “I do” beside the bubbling creek in our beautiful bushland gardens. Capture the moment with photos next to the waterfall, then round out your perfect day with a reception in our century-old stone chalet.…
Utopia weddings provide all of this and more! Utopia is one of Adelaide’s most unique and picturesque wedding venues, located just 10km from the CBD and offering a wide range of daytime or evening options ideal for either cozy, intimate evenings or opulent gala celebrations.
2. Lookout Mountain Retreat
The picturesque mountain, valley, and ocean views are the first thing that will strike you about the property, which is spread across an expansive 17 acres of pastoral land and perfectly positioned on the edge of the Dorrigo Plateau’s escarpment.
It’s the ideal spot for a romantic weekender, relaxing break, or family getaway, as it’s a true nature escape yet only a short drive to everything this area has to offer, including Dorrigo National Park, Dangar Falls, Dorrigo Sky Walk, and more. While the property’s unique features and purpose-built design make it the ideal location for an event or wedding celebration.
If you are looking for one of the best waterfall wedding venues in NSW, this is a place you cannot miss.
You will notice Noonaweena’s signature tranquillity the moment you arrive. Within its 100-acre property, Noonaweena boasts walking trails, secluded waterfalls, immaculately kept gardens and breathtaking views of the Yengo National Park.
I’m sure you can picture how these picturesque backdrops will look in your wedding photos. When you book here, you will have exclusive use for the entire weekend, with accommodation for up to 12 people and an additional 16 at an additional cost. Noonaweena offers a variety of wedding package options for both intimate and medium-sized weddings, but it can accommodate up to 100 guests.
4. Hunter Valley Gardens
This innovative wedding venue features ten magnificent themed garden spaces, numerous photo opportunities, charming reception options, and exciting amusement rides to add excitement to your special day. Don’t pass up a true one-of-a-kind, breathtaking wedding experience.
Hunter Valley Gardens, located in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, is a one-of-a-kind wedding venue. Consider exchanging vows in an enchanting Chapel overlooking the Brokenback Ranges, atop a 10-meter waterfall, or in the Hunter Valley’s famed Oriental Garden, which features lush foliage, vibrant carp, a traditional-style pergola, and, of course, the most peaceful setting.
With plenty of photo opportunities in the surrounding native gardens, local lookouts, waterfalls, and the escarpment, Yaraandoo is an ideal wedding venue for both the wedding service and reception. Inside their beautiful eco-lodge, they also have wet weather options.
The beauty of Yaraandoo is that there is no need for anyone to drive home after the reception. Because of the remote location, you have access to the facility for the entire weekend with no time or noise restrictions.
If you’re planning a romantic wedding in 2022 and looking for a breathtaking wedding venue with natural beauty and romance, consider one of these stunning waterfall wedding venues in NSW. We know that each of these locations will provide an unforgettable experience for you and your guests on your big day.
Check out other articles from Designa’s blog to have more great ideas for your big day. Or visit Designa Studio for more inspiration about wedding decorations and venues.